Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lather, rinse, repeat

Autopilot. I feel like I walk around most of the time on autopilot. I notice lots of other people doing the same. Drop the kids at school, pick up the kids from school, take this child here, pick up this one there, cook some pathetic form of food for dinner (based on what I can actually get all 3 kids to eat and still be able to stomach somewhat too), clean up, go to bed. That's the bulk of my day, right there. Five days a week. Errands, laundry, cleaning, and homework are thrown in there too at times. OK, the cleaning isn't thrown in there quite enough, but hey, that's a choice I made.

Why?

Part of me relishes the time I spend with my kids, but really, I feel more like a taxi driver than a significant role model.

And is this all there is? Yeesh, I should ask for a re-do.

No comments:

Post a Comment