Friday, April 20, 2012

Shop Vac, or My Life Cracks Me Up With Its Ironies

Yesterday, when Janine managed to shatter a Corelle bowl in the dining room before school, I used my Shop Vac to clean up the sharp little shards. I noticed then that the Shop Vac didn't have much suction. I didn't feel like emptying it then, so I left it out for today. I just went to dump it, and oh did I ever dump it - just not into the garbage like I meant to. I set it at the top of my outside steps by the gate and went to get a garbage bag from the garage. Down the steps it went, dumping all the dust and Corelle shards right onto the steps and driveway. Those shards are pointy, and I don't want to drive over them, so I had to pick them up as best I could and then clean up with a broom to the best of my ability. I am now coated with the dust (from our bathroom construction???). I can feel the dust on my skin, my eyelashes, my hair, and in my nose. Yuck! And, by the way, now I need to vacuum off my Shop Vac which is also coated in dust. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment